Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care Program
A respiratory care practitioner works under the direction of a physician to evaluate 和 treat patients with respiratory conditions, 包括哮喘, 肺炎, 和 heart problems.
Joint Degree Option:
Traditional freshman 和 transfer students can earn their degree through our partners, Culver-Stockton College (CSC), www.culver.edu 和 Quincy University (QU), www.quincy.edu. Students work on pre-requisite courses the freshman year, 和 begin respiratory classes 和 clinical experience with Blessing-Rieman the sophomore year.
Transfer students who have completed the required pre-requisite courses can enter directly into the sophomore year 和 earn their degree in 3-years.
Learn more about what Respiratory Care Practitioners do from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) by visiting the 成为RT网站.
Program Goals 和 Outcomes
- Program Goals: The purpose of this program is to prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), 和 affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
The program is to prepare leaders for the field of respiratory care by including curricular content that includes objectives related to acquisition of skills in one or more of the following: management, 教育, 研究, 和/或, advanced clinical practice (which may include an area of clinical specialization).
1. Demonstrate proficiency in establishing an evidence base for best practices through 研究.
2. Demonstrate advanced skills in clinical practice relevant to his/her role as a bachelor prepared respiratory therapist.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the roles in respiratory 教育 和 management.
CoARC accredits respiratory therapy 教育 programs in the United States. To achieve this end, it utilizes an 'outcomes based' process. Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the 教育al goals of the program are achieved 和 by which program effectiveness is documented. 查看 Programmatic Outcomes Data.
- The Respiratory Care Program (200616) at Blessing-Rieman has consistently high board pass rates 和 has continuing accreditation by the Commission on 认证 for Respiratory Care (CoARC) www.coarc.com. Read more about our 认证 和 通过率.
Our dedicated 招生 counselors make it easy to apply to Blessing-Rieman. We are available to tell you more about our programs 和 answer any questions you may have. Find out more about 招生.
Take the first steps toward applying to our respiratory care practitioner program by submitting:
Joint Degree Option:
- An application at one of our partner colleges Culver-Stockton College or Quincy University
- Official transcripts to one of the partner colleges
- An application to BRCN, either by visiting our Online Application or completing a written Undergraduate Application
- Official transcripts from any institutions where you have earned credit hours
- Proof of enrollment in any required pre-requisite courses not already completed